Changing and OLD PLC, see attached file.

widelto

Hi Guys:

PLC Klockner Moeller now Eaton.

I need to updload (rockwell terminology) the program inside this plc.

My customer wants to replace it and I want to know what there is inside.

Please can you tell what is the name of the software used for this kind of plcs.

best regards,

william

According to Eaton it's this
The XC100 devices are programmed using CODESYS 2, while for the XC-202 devices CODESYS 3 can be used alternatively. The software is not only easy to handle, but also offers a variety of useful functions that make debugging, testing and commissioning both quick and easy. The integrated online simulator makes it possible to quickly identify and remedy any programming errors.

https://www.eaton.com/gb/en-gb/cata...omation---sensors/xc100-200-modular-plcs.html

There is a download link on this site.

Parky:
That download link goes in circle to nowhere, can i try to download generic codesys 3 from another download center ?? or it has to be this one.
My cpu is XC201

PLC Klockner Moeller now Eaton
Thats interesting when
Klockner Moeller was the AB of Europe
I was still working printig presses
I found that in most cases you could use a AB part as a direct replacment
I ofter wonderd wondered if they were not mad in the same factoy
AB's where maid in switzerland
as for the software it would only make sence thet thy would use different softeware

I have no idea I just looked at the website, I have never used codesys although it seems both versions they show will program that PLC, I bet if it is a download then it may only be a trial.

You cannot upload the program (PLC->PC) unless the programmer downloaded the source code to the PLC. If they didn’t then you are out of luck.