Cheap and simple display for SLC 500

Greetings,

The same 7" screen that Maple Systems resells, we also provide for a few dollars less through Kessler Ellis:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/KEP/7_inch_touch_screen.htm

You can download the programming software through the same link (EB Pro) and review it prior to making your decision:

If you have any questions, feel free to post, pm or email through the link provided in my signature.

3 or 4 panel lamps which light up when there is an error and lamp combination indicates error "code". Printout on panel describing each lamp "code".
Boom

3 or 4 panel lamps which light up when there is an error and lamp combination indicates error "code". Printout on panel describing each lamp "code".
Boom
By the time you pay for all those pilot lights and wires you may have spent enough to purchase an HMI.

Originally posted by Stephen Luft:

The same 7" screen that Maple Systems resells, we also provide for a few dollars less through Kessler Ellis:

...which is the same as the product branded as Weintek. Who actually makes this thing?

We used a 4.3" Maple Systems HMI on a project recently and it worked quite well. As stated above, you have to be right on top of it to see what you need to see, though. If, as stated above, you can get an Ethernet enabled marquee for under $500 I would go that way.

Keith

If I can find an Ethernet enabled marquee that would be the most ideal for us.

If not you have all given me great options and I am in the process of researching some of these HMIs and their software, thanks all for the help!

For calibrating rectifier power supplies on a plating line I bought a Windows tablet with WiFi, installed an AdvancedHMI project so I could select 1 of 36 rectifiers or standby mode and put a WiFi router on the Ethernet in the control panel.

AdvancedHMI = free
WiFi router = free (already had a spare)
Tablet = $120.00 (plus that damn sales tax)

I can carry it around to all the rectifier cabinets, if needed I can add more functions to it, and do have another HMI on it for another machine.
if you want just a display to mount they make tablet holders for about $35.00 each. Shop around and you may be able to install these for under $150.00 per station.

By the time you pay for all those pilot lights and wires you may have spent enough to purchase an HMI.

not true.
If you are buying AB $150 pilots then you are buying a $1200 AB HMI. If you are buying Automation Direct Pilots at $50 then your AD HMI costs $4-500.
HMI programming time is not free either.

not true.
If you are buying AB $150 pilots then you are buying a $1200 AB HMI. If you are buying Automation Direct Pilots at $50 then your AD HMI costs $4-500.
HMI programming time is not free either.
Good point.
But if later, they ask for a counter that resets at midnight...