cheapest PLC?

Better instruction set, more PID loops, real number math, and multiple slots for IO. If you go direct logic, the 06 is your homie.

girevik said:
do you mean tariff to be paid in the USA or in the Russia?

I guess shipping and insurance will be paid on U.S. side while the customs duties - on Russian one.

While shipping and insurance rates can probably be found on the web sites of major shipping companies: FedEx, UPS, DHL etc., Russian customs duties, by definition, should be obtainable from Russian Customs.

You are in a better position than anyone on this board to know how to deal with those guys...

LadderLogic stated exactly what I should have, the "tariff" or "duties" are imposed by the countries Customs but your Postal service may be able to supply the information or tell you where to go for the information.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but if one PID loop is the ultimate goal, why not just use a single loop controller?

Price wise, they are about the same price as the cheaper PLC's, but you don't need anything else.

I know we all love our PLC's, but sometimes they are overkill.

With a single loop controller, there is no need for software, programming cables etc... You can see the loop parameters on the controller screen. Many loop controllers have communication options, so that they can be added to control networks.

Just a thought.

Ken

Ken,

i'm getting PLC for a eductaion... so one pid loop is just a first task.. I'm currently working with Russian PLC Kontar (in fact it's 3 PLCs (MC8, MC5 and MR8) connected into network), it accept FBD only, plus motor with Omron invertor, thermistor, belimo, humidity sensor, some lamps and other stuff...

plus russian SCADA system called Trace Mode

and now i just want to get some american stuff to work with... in fact DL 06 + analog I/O module seems to be cheaper than Russian MC8 that have less I/O... (plus their software for program design is free, BUT compilator costs 1800 euros!!! now i'm using online complilator they have on their web-site for the free software which is not comfortable!)

thanks
Andrey