CLX Shorted branch search?

steveb1475

Hey All,
Anyone know of a way to search a ControlLogix program for jumpers / shorted branches?
I tried doing a search for the NXB BND, didn't work. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve

Click Search -> Find.
In the search window leave the "Find What:" field blank. Select the "Limit To:" drop down list and select "Shorted Branches." Click Find Next or Find All.

Seems easy enough, but I don't have the shorted branches option with the project I'm working on.

Was "shorted branches" added in V16? If I create a new V16 project, it is.

Another option would be to export to an L5K file and open the L5K file in MSWord and search there. It might be easier to make a copy of your program and convert the copy up to V16 and then search the copy.

Thanks Alaric,

I'm converting right now, but I have 16 programs to convert and my 'puter grinds to a halt during conversion. It's going to be one of those days....

steve

In V16 (not sure of others) if you click Verify Controller You get warnings in the error window that will link you to the rungs with shorted jumpers.