CNET to ENET IO Chassis Conversion

Rley

Hi Everyone,

I'm faced with a future part conversion for the first two chassis of a 10 chassis a ControlNet network. I've found some instruction that I've been working through offline but have a question regarding the naming of the new Ethernet card in the Main processor containing chassis.

The instruction assumes that the complete CNet is being replaced but as I'm only going to do two chassis' at this stage, I'll need to configure an additional EN2TR in the main chassis rather than replacing the CNB, which will continue to connect to the remaining CNet chassis'. The instruction warns that the cards will need to use the original CNet naming to avoid IO addressing issues which I'm keen to avoid. The problem is that I can't name the new EN2TR card with the same name as the existing CNB card, so I intent to use the same name but add an "E" suffix to make it unique. The EN2TR cards in the remote chassis can use the original names as these do replace the originals. Will this screw up the IO addressing requiring network edits to restore the functionality?

I'm hoping that the final IO addressing doesn't use the whole path, but only the local ethernet card as depicted in the controller tag references. But is this the case?