Combinational logic vs Sequential logic (Petrinets) in PLC

🍻 you have even 2 hierarchical automata here ;)
Code:
FUNCTION FC 89 : DINT
TITLE =Factorial
VERSION : 0.1
VAR_INPUT
  x : DINT ;	
END_VAR
VAR_TEMP
  y : DINT ;	
  z : DINT ;	
END_VAR
BEGIN
NETWORK
TITLE =
    [COLOR="Magenta"]  L     #x; [/COLOR]
      T     #y; [COLOR="Silver"]//y = x[/COLOR]
      T     #z; [COLOR="silver"]//z = x[/COLOR]
      L     1; 
      >D    ; 
      [B]JCN   B;[/B] 
A:    L     #y; 
      +     L#-1; 
      T     #y; [COLOR="silver"]//[COLOR="Yellow"]"[/COLOR]y[COLOR="yellow"]"[/COLOR] = y - 1[/COLOR]
      L     #z; 
      *D    ; 
      T     #z; [COLOR="Silver"]//[COLOR="yellow"]"[/COLOR]z[COLOR="yellow"]"[/COLOR] = z * y[/COLOR]
      L     #y; 
      L     L#1; 
      >D    ; 
      [B]JC    A; [/B]
      L     #z; 
B:   [COLOR="Magenta"] T     #RET_VAL; [/COLOR]
END_FUNCTION

one with input x outputs y,z,RET_VAL ... one with inputs y , z outputs "y","z" :D

Last edited:
Was I clear enough ? Was I too ... simplistic ?

🤾

Now: ... is a digital PID an automaton or is it ... n o t ;) ?

Last edited:
Whose :D algorithm is easier modified to calculate the ... k-permutations of n function?

an advantage must pay the job

S7 has the Moore machines as FC-s and the Mealy machines as FB-s implemented !
Hierarchical (V)FSM-s have behind , the same idea and target as the structured programing ... " human understanding of the code " ... the computers don't realy need that structuring , to do a good job ! :D

( but don't forget ... it's only modeling ...and modeling is not solving but trying to ...)

🍺

S7 has the Moore machines as FC-s and the Mealy machines as FB-s implemented !
Hierarchical (V)FSM-s have behind , the same idea and target as the structured programing ... " human understanding of the code " ... the computers don't realy need that structuring , to do a good job ! :D

( but don't forget ... it's only modeling ...and modeling is not solving but trying to ...)

🍺

No kidding: "goto" programing is structured programing fully equivalent .
(mmm ... not quite : "goto" programs are shorter/FASTER ;) ).

I am by far not an expert (I'm just an autodidact) ... but I'll try to write a (digital-)PID as a VFSM ... later

Last edited:
No kidding: "goto" programing is structured programing fully equivalent .
(mmm ... not quite : "goto" programs are shorter/FASTER ;) ).

I am by far not an expert (I'm just an autodidact) ... but I'll try to write a (digital-)PID as a VFSM ... later

Until now I was thinking you were 1) A Troll 2) Mr. KnowItAll.

You would have had better responses with a bit more rounded style of writing. o_O

After you have made the digitall PID you could make basic MPC contoller also. :D

Last edited: