communicating with panel view 300

mmgch

I am trying to upload from pv300 model 2711-k3a5l1 b that's a dh-485 dos someone know what type of driver i have to use and wat cable i should use

Driver is: 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver ( You will need a real serial port to use this driver) or if you have the 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) use it.
Cable with the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver is AB's 2711-NC13 ( this is a straight thru 9 pin to 9 pin cable)

Thanks for posting the part number; that helps a lot because it tells you what kind of communication protocol and port is on the PanelView.

2711- means Standard PanelView
K means Keypad version
3 3 inch display
5 DH485 protocol with RS232 serial port
A Amber/monochrome display
L1 24 VDC power

The simplest thing to do is connect a straight-through serial cable and use the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver in RSLinx. You need a built-in serial port and a bit of luck to make this driver work on modern computers.

Another connection method is the 1747-UIC, which is a USB to DH485 converter with both RS232 and RS485 electrical interfaces.

Could you describe the error message please? It would help to know which program window it's in (RSLinx ? PanelBuilder ?) and some of the text associated with it.

You can also bypass this problem and use a CompactFlash card and PCMCIA Type II adapter to upload the file out of the PanelView.

error (2258) unable to communicate with operator terminal, did not receive a response. i am using windows xp professional. i am using PanelBuilder32 V3.80. and using rslinx version 2.43.00

Sorry not to hijack the thread but I have same problem with a 2711-K3A2L1 PV300. I can't figure out what cableing I need to connect to it. Do I need an AIC+ module?

JeremyH said:
Sorry not to hijack the thread but I have same problem with a 2711-K3A2L1 PV300. I can't figure out what cableing I need to connect to it. Do I need an AIC+ module?

This might help

Mickey said:
This might help

Thanks.

I now have a Win98 laptop so I can run the PIC driver. I have the laptop connected to the PIC, and from the PIC to the PV300 I am using the 1747-C10 cable. I feel I have all the correct connections now, and I can see the PIC in Linx

Now my problem is that when I try to download or upload from the panel I get an error "Error(1022)- Target is not an operator terminal."