Communication to two PLCs with a single cell modem

ansaul

We have a few remote sites with multiple CompactLogix PLCs in them that we are finally converting from low-speed radios to cell modems. We are using Sierra Wireless GX450 modems which have routing capability in them, but we can not seem to figure out how to use a MSG instruction to include a port number.

Has anybody had success in talking to two different PLCs with a single modem? Or being able to specify a port number in RSLogix?

Similar Topics

Or there is an alternative to this? I suppose there are many but I've only seen put/get Can you for example set up a new plc and connect it to an...
Replies
Views
How to Communicate Allen Brandly PLC and S7 1500 PLC? Do I need extra Hardware ? How ?
Replies
Views
hello everyone, I have 2 PLCs controller : Micro850, and 1 HMI PV800. I use CCW to write the program. I already finished programing for both PLCs...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have two PLCs, M251 of SE, reading data from the same device. One is reading via modbus 485, other one via tcp. I now want the rtu plc...
Replies
Views
I'm on the hunt for for a "Balance of Plant" PLC (or alternative) that is capable of exchanging (sending and receiving) a small number of bit...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom