Compact Logix With Barcode Reader (Microscan)

Dear All,

I am communicating Compact Logix wiht Barcode Reader (Microscan-QX830) ,As per the attached Rs logix file , i have wrote the logic.But i am unable to get the data in tag Z_ASCII_TABLE.
kindly suggest...

Regards
Joseph

I can't look at your ACD file today, possibly next week. But be sure to very carefully read the application note from Microscan contained in this zip file. Also install the relevant EDS file.

After inserting the Microscan into your Logix I/O tree (note that the connection is inhibited as there will be no automatic I/O type scanning) create the indicated UDT. (When I get to work I'll export our UDT and post it if you need it.) Create two tags using the UDT as shown. Set the expected received barcode scan data length in both versions (SEND and RECEIVE) of the tag.

Next go to the full User's Manual for the unit. Refer to appendixes 'I' and 'J'. We used the Send the Receive method of triggering the scanner since the PLC program already knew (via a PE) when the object with the barcode would be in view. When the MSG command indicated complete (DN) we examined the Receive length as an indication whether the barcode was received or not. If so then processing continues.

I found that if I didn't rush, read the material carefully and actually did what it said the system works fine.

Dear Carlton,

Thanks for you reply.As per the manual (Application note from Microscan), am getting the data.But in my application i want to read incoming bar code data in to One contiguous ASCIIstring. I have followed the steps included in Attached file. But here i am unable to get the data in Z_ASCII_TABLE.Kindly advice.

Regards
Joseph