configuring DXP remote I/O terminals

unsaint32

Turck Fen20 16DXP. It's a remote I/O. Lately I see these DXP modules where its terminals can be used as either input or output. I scoured Fen20 16DXP manual and I cannot find info about how to configure the terminals for either input or output. Using Turck software?

Turck Fen20 16DXP. It's a remote I/O. Lately I see these DXP modules where its terminals can be used as either input or output. I scoured Fen20 16DXP manual and I cannot find info about how to configure the terminals for either input or output. Using Turck software?

Best as I can tell, the inputs and outputs are not configurable, though I just scanned the manual real quick:

http://old.turck.us/illustrations/FEN20_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

No, but I wanted to know that we were talking in the same "neighborhood".

Its funny you posted this as I'm working with a Turck FDN20-16XSG for the first time today and its configurable outputs work very strange, at least to me.

The manual states that i/o points self-configure to inputs or outputs depending on what you write to them in the output map. If you want an i/o point to be used as an output, PLC writes a one to the map, the point becomes an output and turns on. If a zero is written, its output circuit goes off and it can then be used as an input again. I believe the module you are using works the same. First time I've used these so it was strange.

Its funny you posted this as I'm working with a Turck FDN20-16XSG for the first time today and its configurable outputs work very strange, at least to me.

The manual states that i/o points self-configure to inputs or outputs depending on what you write to them in the output map. If you want an i/o point to be used as an output, PLC writes a one to the map, the point becomes an output and turns on. If a zero is written, its output circuit goes off and it can then be used as an input again. I believe the module you are using works the same. First time I've used these so it was strange.

would you send me a link to the manual for FDN20-16XSG? Thanks.

Hi, can you help me out here, I am trying to figure out how to do the same thing here (how to set the terminals either as input or outputs). I am a PLC novice. So, I don't understand the concep tof "write to them in the output map." What do you mean by "map?" What do you mean by "Write to them?" I am guessing, I add the DXP module to my Controlloigx in my ACD project (in Rslogix5k), then I can write 1 or 0 on to the corresponding tag? Thank you in advance.

See page 2 of the link I provided in my previous post. the I/O mapping describes what you see when you open your controller tags on the device and how they work. Beyond that, I would suggest you seek out someone with experience that can show you; this is at the very fundamentals of PLC programming. There are some good online training sources too.