Connecting to SLC through Com port on Compactlogix

bradal

When connected to a L32E via ethernet, is there a way to view a device such as a SLC connected to the Compactlogix's serial port.

PC>ETHERNET>COMPACT>SERIAL>SLC

Can I view the SLC in RSlinx via the DF1 Com port associated with the Compactlogix.

Any help would be great thanks!!!

OK, but what would each port be set to besides baud rate, DF1 Master at the compact and DF1 Slave at the SLC???

Has anyone completed this?

Leave the CompactLogix and SLC serial ports set for DF1 Full Duplex.

I tried this to be sure and it works. I was using ControlLogix, but CompactLogix will work the same way.

The only change I made to ports from default was to set the ControlLogix DF1 setting to CRC error checking, to match the SLC. You can see that the SLC-5/03 is in out-of-the-box condition, with the program name DEFAULT.

CH0browse.PNG

This will work with CompactLogix and MicroLogix exactly the same as it does with ControlLogix and SLC-500.

The settings are exactly the same as described above: Use the default DF1 Full Duplex configuration on both the CompactLogix and the MicroLogix serial ports, with the following notes:

Be certain the baud rate is the same on both controllers (Default should be 19200).

Be certain the Error Checking method is the same on both controllers. By default, ControlLogix and CompactLogix use BCC and the SLC/MicroLogix uses CRC. I recommend setting the CompactLogix for CRC so that they match.