Connecting Two SLC 500 4-Rack Together

FunWidPLCs25

Hi,

I have two AB 4 Rack/Slot SLC 500 (5/02 CPU) PLCs. I would like to know how to connect them together. I'm trying to expand I/O by connecting the second set. I believe I need to use 1746-C9...but what else do I need and what do I need to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to the Forum !

Mickey, that's exactly it.

The CPU is removed from the second chassis, but the power supply remains. The slot numbering continues to increase from left to right.

The 1746-series architecture supports 30 numbered slots.

The RSLogix 500 I/O configuration is pretty straightforward; see this illustration. I threw inputs and outputs in there randomly; you can mix and match any module types in an expansion chassis.

SLC502_8slots.png

EDIT: It was just nonsense anyway...

Oh yes, I had forgotten the Slot 0 in rack two is also for the CPU and must be accounted for in the I/O Configuration, good spot!

Regards,
George

Last edited: