Connecting to a SLC 504

bdossantos

I have a SLC504 in the field that is communicating DH+ to several other SLC504 and the RS232 port is communicating to a panel view plus 1000. I need to connect to this PLC but I dont have a cable for the program terminal. Also, the PLC has a Prosoft module MVI46-DFNT. I would assume the easiest way is to upload from the rs232 port but I am not sure. Thank you in advance.

I would assume the easiest way is to upload from the rs232 port but I am not sure.

Yes you can unplug the PV and upload the program from the DB9 RS232 using a 1747-CP3 (null modem) cable or you can go on line with the DH+ using a 1784-U2DHP (not cheap), I have never used one but I think the DFNT is a Ethernet module... if so you should be able to go on that, that would be the fastest and best way