Connecting Wincc To PLCSIM

Gadzio

Hi,
I need To connect my Wincc to The PLCSIM to prepare and test process visualization without hardware. I've connected the programs succesfully but Wincc does not set the input signals (input adresses and symbols are OK). When it comes to receive information from PLCSIM - everything works fine but can't do anything to send a signal.
Asking for Help...:)
A. Sidor

you can only simulate WinCC with PLCsim if you are using MPI connection. If you're using some other connection, you can cut & paste the tags to an MPI connection. Make sure that the MPI address is the same as the "CPU" in the PLC SIm and it should work fine.

hope this helps.

hya

It should, but doesn't. I use the MPI and have all the tags in there...
Thanks for the reply... i'll try some more and let you know if I figure out what's wrong.
Gadzio

the first , you have to install Object Manager when install Wincc , if you don't install,they unable
After, you have to configure in PLC sim PLC --> MPI -- enter 2
on Tag Manager of Wincc -- MPI --> Properties , you have to enter MPI adress 2
Good luck
my e-mail [email protected]

Dear Friends

I have run into a problem. My Windows XP SP-2 closes WINCC Runtime if PLCSim is running! Can someone suggest any remedy?

I am using following settings

S7-Lite. PG Interface
---------------------
MPI, Only Master - Unselected, Address 0, Timeout 30, Trx Rate 187.5 kbps,

PLC Sim
-------
MPI Address 2

WinCC
-----
Runtime Interface: MPI/DP
Baud 187.5 kbps

HMI: Address 1, Accesspoint S7ONLINE, Only Master 0
Profile: MPI, HSA 31, Number of master 1
PLC Device: Address 2, Expansion Slot 2, Rack 0, Cyclic Operation - yes

XP is not comlaining when
1. running WINCC with wincc simulator
2. running WINCC with offline connection
even if PLCSim is runnign but then I cant simulate PLC I/O in WinCC.

The moment I start Runtime only without simulation mode of wincc with online connection of wincc - XP conflicts and closes it down.

Thx in advance

I found attached error log in HmiRTm.DMP
It seems the files FwChnS7.dll and fwos.dll are conflicting.
I am attaching the log Someone Please help.

Runtime error

What I can tell for sure is that it all works.
I am using XP SP2 too.

My (WinCC flexible advanced 2005) project is able to connect to plc through MPI connection.(That is iam online with PLC through MPI port, and my WinCC is in runtime mode)
Your PLC MPI address is 2, with 2 expansion slots.
Your PG address(laptop) is zero by default.
Your Wincc project can have address like 3,4,5...31 provided no other HMI is connected to MPI port.Address should be universal.

In PG/PC interface just select ONLY MASTER ON THE BUS OPTION same has to be done in WINcc also.
If all this is proper then it should work.

Bottom line is even if you have entered wrong values under PG/PC interface or WInCC project then XP should not close the Runtime !! Only bad thing which can happen is runtime will display message in alarm view "Connection dis-connected",if you have made alarm view on your opening screen.

Also why are you(Niranjanrout) running PLCSim when you are online with real PLC itself?

If you are offline then first start PLCSIM and then choose the option START RUNTIME SYSTEM in WinCC and not START RUNTIME WITH SIMULATOR option.
Again if you choose later option, XP will not close any window only thing is that connection won't establish.

Do check your hardware configuration of laptop.
Mine is P4 with 1GB RAM and 40GB HD.

Thx Manmeet

I tried these earlier but if I keep the connection in offline mode PLCSIM is not getting connected to WINCC(Tags not getting commincated between PLCSIM and WINCC Runtime) so I kept it On. Also please note I am working with S7Lite, PLCSIM and WINCC on same computer and no other device connected.

Thx again for your quick reply..