Control Logix

I wish I could. New product to market and would not be a good idea. Lets start here. I have the PLC running connected via crossover to the laptop, Logix running, go to who active and I'll send a screen capture of what I see.

Ok, I won't do a screen capture because it won't let me paste but:
Under Linx Gateways, Ethernet
AB_ETH-1, ETHERNET
192.168.1.81 CROSSED OUT
192.168.166.108 CROSSED OUT

Under AB_ETHIP-1, EHTERNET
192.168.166.100, 1769-L35E Ethernet port, 1769-L35E
And a host of other IP's That graduate 101,102,103 all X'd out

If the 192.168.166.100 is not X'd out then you would click on the + below it and which will then say Backplane(I believe- actually haven't used the L35E yet). Expand that and you should see the 1769-L35E processor along with any other I/O. Highlight the processor and the Go Online, Upload, Download buttons should become available. Click the Upload button to get the most current copy out of the processor. If you have an offline copy it may ask you to point to it so you can use any descriptions that don't pull out of the processor.

Skid,
Welcome and if you haven't contacted Ron, you really should. He is one of the best around.

Good luck.

Ahhh, no communication currently. You need to go into RSLinx and check your driver configuration.

Do you know the IP address of the PLC in question? Have you compared that to the network settings of your laptop as I stated last night?

there is a bootp server you can use also, you can use it to set the ip of the new controller it should be under your rockwell software stuff

start the bootp and then power up the controller you should see the mac address and can set up the ip from there you are on the new l35e correct?