ControlLogix 1756-L72 Firmware compatibility

Abuuramu

Hi all.

I am working with 1756-L72 processor in a redundant pair chassis.

The publication ControlLogix Enhanced Redundancy System, Revision 20.054 (1756-RN694B-EN-P) indicates that is necessary update the processor to V20.054 firmware revision.

However when i create a new proyect in RSLogix V20.01.00 the max revision is 20.11.

I do not have the processor yet for testing.

Somebody have had this problem?

Thanks for your comments.

When you create a new project in RSLogix 5000, the Major Revision drop-down menu has only whole numbers; 18, 19, 20.

You check the Redundancy checkbox to create a Redundant application. There is no other place in the software where you need to enter the controller's firmware revision.

The best way to get all the firmware correct for a Redundancy application is to download the Redundancy Bundle. For version 20, this is the "20.54" bundle, whose Release Notes are here:

http://support.rockwellautomation.com/controlflash/FirmwareFiles/1756-RN694B-EN-P.pdf

These release notes include the information that Rockwell has changed the numbering system for Redundancy firmware to use 3 digits after the decimal point. Prior to v20, Redundancy was always "xx.5" and above processor firmware. Now, it's "20.054".

These are very basic principles of just loading the firmware and configuring the CPU. If you are really building a high-availability or safety-related system, I very strongly recommend that you be in contact with your local Rockwell Automation office before using their equipment in a control system.