ControlLogix -- how is data retained throughout a scan?

lufen

Let's say... A_DINT = 100

In some subroutine:

rung 1 : A_DINT = A_DINT + 1

rung 2 : A_DINT = A_DINT + 2

rung 3 : A_DINT = A_DINT + 3

After a scan of the subroutine completes, will A_DINT be 103? Or will it be 106?
I'm unsure because I vaguely remember a mention of the input (left side of the ladder) doesn't get updated until a full scan completes and the output (right side of the ladder) gets fed back into the input.

Last edited:
if you are initially starting the program and if your A_DINT tag initially has a value of 100 then the value at the end of one scan will be 106, just keep in mind that if you don't have preceding conditions that allow the arithmetic add instruction to execute upon the execution of the next scan it will keep incrementing at the speed of your processors scan times.