Controlnet communications

bright676

What is control net communications used for? I can buy a panelview 1000, 2711-T10C15 but I am unsure of the communication set up. I am familiar with DH+ but not control net.

I am going to use it with a 5/04, panelbuilder32 and rs logix.

Is there any other special software I have to buy? Will control net even work with my 5/04?

Thanks.

Don't do it: get a PanelView with DH+.

While you could theoretically connect an SLC-5/04 via ControlNet to a PanelView, you'd have to buy an expensive (and I think obsolete) 1747-KFC15 module and connect that to the SLC's serial port.

ControlNet is great for deterministic I/O and fast messaging between ControlLogix and PLC-5C15 controllers and for ControlLogix I/O, but it's not a good fit with the SLC-500.