ControlNet scanlist problem

gary wheaton

To all,
This is brownfield system modification of PLC-5/80C system, redundant processors with remote Flex I/O. The process is continuous (oil and gas) and cannot be taken down.
I need to add a contolnet node of Flex I/O for the project. When I go online with RSNetworx using the as-found xc-file, "the online scanlist in address 01 (and 02) does not match both the online active keeper and its scanlist in the offline file. Upload is not allowed. To start editing, download the offline configuration?"
Address 1 and 2 are the redundant processors. A somewhat blind download of the xc-file? I don't think so.
It seems the only thing different between on/offline files is a 1784_PCIC on another PC. I'm connecting with a laptop thru 1770-KFC serial link. Both links are shown in the online file, while the offline doesn't have the 1784.
Suggestions?