Converting from LM90 tp Proficy machine Language

If you REALLY need to use LM90.

From the LM90 main menu..
>F7 (Logicmaster 90 Utilities)
>F1 (Network Utility)
password is "netutil"
Enter MAC address of CPU364 (the MAC address is on the CPU) and then the IP address.....save

Then open LM90 and go to
>F7 (Programmer Mode and Setup)
>F3 (Select PLC Connections)
Select the ID/Mac of your CPU and >Enter.

thank you steve and Nathan for the info.

This is might be e repeated question but I just want to be clarified cause now I will be working with the actual program that is running in the plant.
So,
1st question:
we have 3 remote PLC that covert their I/O to Genius bus and send back to the main PLC running the Program. When I am converting the lm90 program for the main PLC to PME, what about the 3 other remote PLC that communicates with Genius.

Will I have to convert their program as well to PME from lm90?

Concern: When I imported the main PLC program from lm90 to PME, I got lots of warnings (about 900). mainly on warning # 8099 and less of warning #10462.

Thank you for your help.

Warning 8099 is primarily due to the way PME handles the memory for timers and counters compared to the way Logicmaster handles it. Each timer and counter uses three consecutive words of %R memory. In Logicmaster that was enough information. In PME the memory assigned to timers and counters is handled as an integer array with three elements.
Warning 10462 is about overrides. Once again, PME handles them a little differently than Logicmaster. If there were no saved overrides in the LM90 program, don't worry about them.
I would not expect any problems with your Genius global data as long as you successfully imported the hardware configuration. You should not have to convert the other PLCs, although it will be in your best interest to do so. If you bypassed the import of the Logicmaster hardware configuration into the PME project and manually created the hardware configuration, make sure you got all of the details of the Genius Bus Controller or Genius Communications module.
In any event, if you can't bench test the conversion, I'd suggest having the Logicmaster files available as backup when you deploy the converted project. If you are converting all four PLCs, I'd suggest deploying the conversions one at a time and checking each one for proper operation before deploying the conversion on the next one.

Thank you Steve. I was able to explain to my manager after reading your post.

As I was downloading my program to the PLC. I get about 59 error # 8036. I searched the errors in the proficy search engine and found some info as well. But I would still like to get some more advice on that error. and how I can fix it.

I appreciate your help :)

In the Navigator 'Option' tab change these parameters to show as warnings matching this.
While you are there verify the rest are the way you want them too. If you don't understand any make sure that the 'Companion' window is open to view the definitions as you select them.

Nav.jpg

Last edited:
Double click on an instance of the error message and it will take you to the location in the program that generated the error. That may give you some insight. The error is generated because two different variables have been assigned to the same address. I'm not sure why that would have happened as a result of the import.

If your company will allow it, make a backup of the Logicmaster project and post it here. I'll try importing it into PME and see if I can give you some advice. If your company doesn't like the idea of posting the program on a public forum like this, send me a private message and I'll give you my email address.

As Russ said: I did follow the steps and was able to download it.
I am going to download the proficy to test it in the actual machine that had been running with lm90, today. If it doesn't work for some reason, I should be able to download the l
m90 program back and run the machine again? Am I correct?

Hi steve and Russ,
I was importing another lm90 folder into PME. But I am getting these error:

Error 10456: error importing the file.
Error 8276: Controller type found in file does not match Controller type declared in Hardware Options Dialog.

I looked both of these errors in the PME and tried to follow the possible solutions for 10456 and reimport the lm90 folder but it still gives me the same error.

I am not sure on error 8276. Please help. Thank you

Error 8276 means that you're trying to import a Logicmaster file that is for a different PLC model than the Proficy Machine Edition project. Logicmaster was compatible with the Series 90-30, 90-20, 90-70 and Series 90 Micro PLC models. When you create a new PME project into which you want to import the Logicmaster project you have to start with a PLC model that matches the Logicmaster project.
Error 10456 could indicate that you're trying to import a very old Logicmaster project. If so, you will first need to open and save the project with a Logicmaster version newer than version 6.0. After that you should be able to import it into PME. However, there are more than one conditions that could generate that error. Can you post a screen shot of the feedback zone window with the error message. Or else zip up the Logicmaster folder and post it and I'll try to import it for you.

The feedback zone doesn't provide any more insight into the cause. Just that the import process had a problem with the _MAIN program block, which may be the only program block in the Logicmaster project. It is possible that the failure is related to the Error 8276.
Do you still have Logicmaster software? If so, check to see what version it is. At the same time, open the hardware configuration to see what model PLC this folder is using. Then start a new PME project using that model controller and try to import into it.
For example, if you find out that the Logicmaster project is for a Series 90 Micro PLC, you will need to start a PME project for a Series 90 Micro instead of for a 90-30. You can't change an existing 90-30 project to a Series 90 Micro. You must start with the correct controller.

The feedback zone doesn't provide any more insight into the cause. Just that the import process had a problem with the _MAIN program block, which may be the only program block in the Logicmaster project. It is possible that the failure is related to the Error 8276.
Do you still have Logicmaster software? If so, check to see what version it is. At the same time, open the hardware configuration to see what model PLC this folder is using. Then start a new PME project using that model controller and try to import into it.
For example, if you find out that the Logicmaster project is for a Series 90 Micro PLC, you will need to start a PME project for a Series 90 Micro instead of for a 90-30. You can't change an existing 90-30 project to a Series 90 Micro. You must start with the correct controller.
In most versions of Proficy ME this can be done in the 'Inspector' window and changing the 'Family' to whatever.
Not many other manufactures allow this. đź“š

PLC_Family.jpg