Converting from LM90 tp Proficy machine Language

I have tried changing the family type couple times, it didn't work. I think I might have to do the logicmaster folder version update to the newer version and import it again.

Another note: I would like to thank steve and russ for helping me out as I didn't know anything about lm90 or proficy and started to work with it about 3 weeks ago. I was able to convert from to proficy for the first machine and I tested it yesterday. it had some errors and warning in the beginning but took care of it and it worked!! (now moving on the 3 other machine) :)

I have tried changing the family type couple times, it didn't work. I think I might have to do the logicmaster folder version update to the newer version and import it again.

Another note: I would like to thank steve and russ for helping me out as I didn't know anything about lm90 or proficy and started to work with it about 3 weeks ago. I was able to convert from to proficy for the first machine and I tested it yesterday. it had some errors and warning in the beginning but took care of it and it worked!! (now moving on the 3 other machine) :)
What is the part number of the CPU that will not upload, include any suffix letters, if available? If you can't shut it down to find the label get the PACsAnalyzer log from it. (Another area where GE is ahead of most.)
If that doesn't work take a picture and post as it may be VERY old.

different question: for a test file, I am just trying to upgrade the cpu version from 364 to 374 in proficy in slot 1, I replace the module and set the IP address but I cant go online. What else do I have to check?

(originally I imported from lm90-30 to proficy and now I m trying to update cpu version and check if the test file works)

How are you trying to communicate with the CPU374, serial or Ethernet? If this is a new CPU374 I don't think it has an IP address out of the box like the Rx3i Ethernet CPUs do. Your best bet would be to initially set up serial communications and download the hardware configuration. Then you can switch to Ethernet communications to download the program.
In Proficy, to switch between serial and Ethernet communications, look in the "Physical Port" item in the properties window for the PLC target.

different question: for a test file, I am just trying to upgrade the cpu version from 364 to 374 in proficy in slot 1, I replace the module and set the IP address but I cant go online. What else do I have to check?

(originally I imported from lm90-30 to proficy and now I m trying to update cpu version and check if the test file works)
You will need to download the new hardware configuration with the CPU374 and the correct IP with PME. Until that is done PME cannot be sure that all is compatible.
You may need to use the 'temporary IP utility' or the serial cable for the download if the CPU374 has an unknown IP now.

When you start working with a new piece of hardware in these systems go to the GE Knowledge site, download and read its IPI (Datasheet) that will save you a lot of time and guessing, you may even learn something interesting.

Last edited:
Got it. the problem was I had the pwr321 where I needed to have pwr 330 and up. thank you steve.
but I lied to the computer changing the power supply to 330 in the program and downloaded it to the plc and got that worked too.

Got it. the problem was I had the pwr321 where I needed to have pwr 330 and up. thank you steve.
but I lied to the computer changing the power supply to 330 in the program and downloaded it to the plc and got that worked too.
Good catch!
FYI
The reason GE changed this to require the PWR330 is that if the power supply gets too close to fully loaded on the 5 VDC leg Ethernet communications become unreliable. Please keep that in mind if you have any comm issues.