Conveyor window reserve, 1st come 1st, FIFO or Shift Register?

Peter Nachtwey said:
With all that data you still use a shift register? I would think you would be using an array with an index register pointing to the logical begining of the array.

I maybe didn't make it clear.

Bag tracking, loads of data, we do not use shift regsiters, we track an ID that points to an ARRAY. (Your descriptions spot on).

Window reservation, one byte, we use shift registers.

Window reservation is not bag tracking, its tracking a 'space' to inject a bag into and it links a window to a check-in, it does not have any links to the bag or data associated with the bag.

Bag tracking is a seperate animal. 🤾

Similar Topics

Hello all, I am working on an airport baggage handling system with 10 check in counters to merge to the main conveyor. I am to use a technique...
Replies
Views
the conveyor can stop because of a safety sensor or safety switch. And also it can stop because of an object jam detector sensor. If the conveyor...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have sample logic with conveyors that start and stop according to product on the line?
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon, I’m limited with a skilled maintenance staff to design and build Load Cell , Rollers , etc. for conveyor sections . Do...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I need to create a belt conveyor with an AFM60 encoder on board that detects the position of the glass (too small to be detected...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom