Corporate Double Speak and Unions

“There is something in the red of a raspberry pie that looks as good to a man as the red in a sheep looks to a wolf.”
E. W. Howe

The pie should be eaten "while it is yet florescent, white or creamy yellow, with the merest drip of candied juice along the edges, (as if the flavor were so good to itself that its own lips watered!) of a mild and modest warmth, the sugar suggesting jelly, yet not jellied, the morsels of apple neither dissolved nor yet in original substance, but hanging as it were in a trance between the spirit and the flesh of applehood...then, O blessed man, favored by all the divinities! eat, give thanks, and go forth, 'in apple-pie order!'
Henry Ward Beecher

brucechase said:
The name of the eating place is French Market Grill in Augusta GA. They serve Louisianna style cajun food (awesome crawdads etoufee (sp??)), good beer (but not a microbrewery) and the best deserts.
Now we're talking. Forget the pie, let's do cajun:ROFLMAO:

Since we are talking restaurants… Mama Mias in Felton California the best clam chowder and bread 'ever'...that was 9 years ago, I used to go there every Friday night….that was good

Speaking of clam chowder anyone have a good recipe?, I like the white sauce type…I think its new england style, elevmike was going to give me one but forgot..

Thanks Bruce I will give it a try, my mother inlaw lives in Aiken but I go to Augusta often

Bernie I’m jealous

Thanks Alaric…I will have to give that on a try

Hey Stephen not such a bad thread after all…

I have never actually had New England Clam Chowder. How is it?

And don't laugh about it, I just had my first Cheesecake two years ago

For my money New England clam chowder is much superior to New York style. New England is a white milk base broth, New York is a tomato base.

The best clam chowder I ever had, though, was at a little mom and pop restaraunt on Albermarle Sound in Elizabeth City NC. It was Hatteras style, and the broth was grey, probably a clam broth. Absolutely fabulous!

TWControls said:
I have never actually had New England Clam Chowder. How is it?

And don't laugh about it, I just had my first Cheesecake two years ago

TW,

I guess just like any other...if it is made correct its to die for, its a white sauce and hard to describe now that i'm trying too :D

theres a place in NY that makes a good Cheese cake, my wife orders one for the holidays I forgot the name

Tom Jenkins said:
For my money New England clam chowder is much superior to New York style. New England is a white milk base broth, New York is a tomato base.

The best clam chowder I ever had, though, was at a little mom and pop restaraunt on Albermarle Sound in Elizabeth City NC. It was Hatteras style, and the broth was grey, probably a clam broth. Absolutely fabulous!
Yummy. Just reminded me of oyster stew. I love it and haven't had it in quite a while. Basicly just milk, butter, and oysters but when it is done right it is so good.

geniusintraining said:
TW,
theres a place in NY that makes a good Cheese cake, my wife orders one for the holidays I forgot the name
I think I know the place but can't remember the name of it either.

Friend of mine used to order it every year from up there for the holidays

Stephen, you are a stirrer but you certainly got a few people going! I am tempted to respond but have decided that I will not apart from the comments that - I have spent many years as a tradesman, union employee (organiser), sales rep, marketing manager, state and national manager for multi nationals who had absolutely no idea where Australia is let alone the logistical nightmares we suffer, and have had to tread on bean counters from a great height because they have no comprehension of what the real world is about. Most of them are only good for counting beans quite frankly.

There are many sides to every story and if one does not have the full facts one should not comment!!!!!

With respect to insurance and health insurance, quite frankly it is all a waste of time but one has to have most of it to conduct a business.

I now work for myself and insurance is crippling to a small business. I carry $20 million in public and product liabilty and it is crippling me. I have customers who want me to carry $50 million so that they do not have to carry insurance themselves. These are large companies that can afford it more than I!!!!

Private health insurance in Australia is a waste of time quite frankly!!! My wife has had some major operations to her jaw and associated parts over a number of years. The surgeons who have done the job - badly I might say - only operate in private hospitals. By the time they finished I was out of pocket by a very great amount of money, and she was no better!!!!!

The latest episode was through a public hospital where a local surgeon, who is at the top of the tree - lucky to find him - brought the world's leading exponent of re-growing jaw bone out from Hong Kong to fix the problems others had created. He was absolutely horrified at how she had been left with problems in her jaw. It was used as a training excercise and broadcast world wide!!! I have heard $250,000 plus mentioned for the operation. I am so glad this man took her on board as we would never have been able to pay the cost. As a public patient it cost nothing. I no longer pay private health insurance!!!

Insurance costs have absolutely gone berserk since September 11 quite frankly. Absolute costs have not changed all that much - someone is making a lot of money.

AB, carry your own insurance and do not push it on to your employees!!!!! They are probably finding living day to day a big enough problem as it is, what with the exhorbitant fuel and food prices that other like-minded large companies like yourselves are pushing on to the public with the push by your bean counters to increase profits and margins!!!!

Before anyone belts me for my comments, remember I have been there and am definately not going back!!!!

Personally I was hoping this thread would go away once it got hijacked with the pie talk.

I have nothing against Stephen, he is a plc manufacturer that looks at topics concerning the field and tried to determine the impact it may have in the industry.

The problem is with the methods used when developing the topics. I am sure he has justified, in his mind, that his posts are impartial and unbiased; this is not true though.

Lets look at the title of this thread: Corporate Double Speak and Unions The title and comments made implies that AB is lying to its employees and is the cause for the strike. Just because their is contention does not mean anyone is at fault, just means they did not agree on issue(s).

This is not the first thread you have created that was used to create contention about the merits of another plc manufacturer.

The real problem with that, and something you are strongly aware of, is that any threads like that have a tendency to become AB bashing threads.

This was a good example: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=275
It started by attacking AB and others for their software costs. It has become a common concept for people to think that some things should be free, software being the main one.

As I stated I am sure, through you concept of self righteousness, that you justify this and your other posts of contention. They are still marketing ploys used to show others in a bad way while providing a simple form of advertising for your product.

I still believe it is inappropriate to discuss another companies financial issues when unwilling to provide your own, even if your company is privately held. That companies information may be public but as a competitor why would you want to discuss their issues? If you are unwilling to discuss your companies policies on the same issue then how does anyone know you are not using "DOUBLE SPEAK"?

I have no more to say on this subject. I am sure you will come back offering justification, for me it will not work though, this thread and others are just too contentious.

BTW: I like pie too but not allowed to state my favorite...

There is no such thing as bad pie :)

On the subject of clam chowder, regrettably, I'll never know. I'm dangerously allergic to shellfish - a steaming bowl of authentic New England Clam chowder would likely be my last meal.

I like cream pie too, but I'm with Jimmie - themz aint pie, themz iz ammo.

TM

TimothyMoulder said:
There is no such thing as bad pie :)

On the subject of clam chowder, regrettably, I'll never know. I'm dangerously allergic to shellfish - a steaming bowl of authentic New England Clam chowder would likely be my last meal.

I like cream pie too, but I'm with Jimmie - themz aint pie, themz iz ammo.

TM

What did you do in a previous life? Brutal. No crab, shrimp, clamp chowder, nothing? Ouch.