Corporate Double Speak and Unions

TimothyMoulder said:
Funny, I'm okay for crab and shrimp. Perhaps I should say specifically I have to avoid mussels? Last time I ate shrimp, I lived (obviously).

At least a plate of crab these days is cheaper than a tank of gas!

TM
It is well worth a tank of gas to go get some. Haven't been this year because too much to do but I used to go with a friend down to a little bar at Myrtle Beach every few weekends just to get Oyster Shooters and Fried Oysters

Strike At Rockwell Automation's Columbus Plant Ends

From the Dow Jones News Wire...August 18, 2006

Strike At Rockwell Automation's Columbus Plant Ends

COLUMBUS, Ind. (AP)--Workers returned to an auto parts plant just hours after union members voted by a narrow margin to accept a new contract, ending a strike that began last week.

Members of International Machinists Local 1270 voted 76-56 on Thursday to approve the 5-year contract offer from Rockwell Automation (ROK). Local President Chris Jordan said he had expected members to reject the offer because it included a 15% increase in health care costs for each year.

"We just didn't feel like we received a contract that reflected the success of the business the past couple years," Jordan said. "But, that's how it is."

The plant in the city about 40 miles south of Indianapolis employs 195 people and produces power transmission equipment for industrial applications, including bearings and gearing equipment for Dodge. The strike had started Aug. 6.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires 08-18-060149ET Copyright (c) 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.