Counter reset

mattyBplic

Hi y'all

Just a quick question for using Rslogix 5000

I'm using a counter up bit with an analog signal (0-10V). When 10V is measured, counter will go up and when the counter hits 10, it starts a motor starter.

I want to counter to reset while the motor starter is still energized. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can use.

Thank you in advance!

As a condition to your count up, have NOT motor starter. Then a separate ladder of XIC motor starter, RES counter. The first part is somewhat redundant if the RES is held high, depending on where in logic you are counting and the logic between the counter and reset. You could expand it with a one-shot on the RES, which would cut down execution times, and then you would definitely need the NOT motor starter to prevent the counter from counting.

I assume you have something like this:

GEQ AI_zero_to_ten_volts 10 CTU the_counter 10 0​

to which you could add something like this:

XIC the_counter.DN CLR the_counter.ACC​

It might even be possible to add it to the same rung.

Clearing the accumulator value to 0, in effect, resets the counter; it also leaves the counter .EN bit value at 1*, which prevents a false count on the next scan cycle.

* The RESet instruction would reset the .EN bit value to 0