CPU S7-315-2DP stop mode

Annie

Hi,
I am using CPU315-2DP.It was working fine till the touchscreen connected to the MPI port got spoiled.The internal fuse of the touchscreen had blown.The CPU is connected to 10 ET200m by the DP port.there is also an ethernet card(CP343-1) connected on slot 6 of the rack.
there is a 16pt di and 16pt do connected at slot 4 & 5 of the rack.
the problem now is the ethernet when connected to the bus the CPU will go in stop mode.IF we remove the ethernet card from the bus the CPU works fine.
When the CPU goes in Stop mode it shows this error in the diagnostic buffer:

parameter assisgnment error assigning parameters to modules(not on P bus,cancel download)
no revelance for user:SDB number:1002
DP master affected in rack 0 and slot 6
Station number:0,slot number:10
Operating mode:Stop(internal)
Internal error:Incoming event

We changed the position of the ethernet on the rack still same problem.
The ethernet is in run mode.Its still not connected to the 3rd party software.
We r just hooking it to our LAN network.
Previously we could download the program through the ethernet port connected to the LAN.Now we cant download.It give errors.

Do let me know how to solve this problem

Regards
Annie

You dont state it in the post so I have to ask, despite it should be obvious:
Everytime you move, remove or add the CP343-1 module, you update the HW Config accordingly, save and compile, and then download to the CPU ?

There is the risk that the problem with the panel has damaged the CPU or the CP343-1.
The panel, the CPU and the CP343-1 all have the same MPI bus in common, the CP343-1 via the backplane. If you can I would exchange with similar components to sse if the error follows the CPU or the CP343-1.

Hi,

We did compile and download the changes when the ethernet was moved.i.e we had placed the ethernet card on slot 4 physically and changed in the hardware configuration also and downloaded it to the CPU.CPU goes in stop mode.

When we isolated the ethernet card from the bus the configuration is not changed.i.e the ethernet card is still in the hardware configuration at slot 6.The CPU still goes in run mode.

Annie

When we isolated the ethernet card from the bus the configuration is not changed.i.e the ethernet card is still in the hardware configuration at slot 6.The CPU still goes in run mode.
???? I have no explanation how that can happen.

Try to get the CP343-1 to work with another PLC. Try with any other type S7-300 you have handy. This just to see if the problem follows the CP343-1.

We had connected the ethernet to other PLC the plc didnt go in run mode.
We connected other ethernet card to CPU which is giving problem it still was remains in stop mode

Annie

One test that you can perform, even though it probably doesnt reveal any new information is to examine the diagnostics on the MPI bus. You should be able to "see" the MPI nodes of both PLC and CP343-1.

You must have a CP5511, a CP5512 or a CP5611 to do this.

Just wanted to check but the touchscreen when connected back to the MPI port does communicate.In between once in a while it will show communication error.

Annie

What is the 343-1 used for ?
If (and clearly you can) you can remove the existing connection to the 343-1 , why not try and connect to the 343-1 using ethernet , and see what the module diagnostic buffer says .
can you post a screen shot of the hardware config ?
And have you tried changing the MPI address on the 343-1 ? and have you checked the "replace module without PG" check box ?

If you remove a 343-1 physically from the rack , but leave it in the hardware config , it won't give a bus fault on the processor .

Annie said:
We had connected the ethernet to other PLC the plc didnt go in run mode.
We connected other ethernet card to CPU which is giving problem it still was remains in stop mode

Annie

Did you configure the card in the hardware configuration or just plug it in ?

Just wanted to check but the touchscreen when connected back to the MPI port does communicate.In between once in a while it will show communication error.
So if you remove the CP343-1 and attach the TP you have the above result. Sounds like the CPU is damaged, but not so seriously.
That the internal fuse in the TP blows is also suspect. Under normal conditions this should be impossible. Do you have a proper ground ?

edit:
Check this: On the S7-300 CPUs, there is a pin right next to the 24V power supply plug. This pin has to be pushed inwards for the CPU to be properly attached to ground ! It is something that is easily missed.

Last edited:
JesperMP said:
So if you remove the CP343-1 and attach the TP you have the above result. Sounds like the CPU is damaged, but not so seriously.
That the internal fuse in the TP blows is also suspect. Under normal conditions this should be impossible. Do you have a proper ground ?

Very suspect !
Addressing ??

We also suspect the grounding problem so we have removed the earth from the touchscreen panel.Do we need to take the take the CPU to siemens or we can do something about this problem.
How do u see the MPI nodes of the CPU and CP343-1

How do u see the MPI nodes of the CPU and CP343-1
This is only possible with the abovementioned CP5511, CP5512 or CP5611.
You connect to the CPU via the MPI port. Then open up the Set PG/PC interface utility. There is a "Diagnostics" button (under the "Properties" button I think).
With that you get to a window where you can test the hardware, and see active and passive nodes. The CP343-1 will be a passive node I think.
The active nodes are displayed with a tick ("v") in a grid view of all possible nodes..
The passive nodes are displayed with white color in stead of grey (can be hard to see on a laptop screen).