Crazy question, I know....

Adjective: nitpicky (comparative nitpickier, superlative nitpickiest)

1.finicky; overly critical; concerned with insignificant details.

bernie i have to agree this was a cruel thing for ron to say. I think he ment no harm by it It's just the boot camp mentality to drum such trival things in so one might sound informed on the subject,its probablay how he was taught. I my self am not on here for an english lesson or a typing lesson although i could use both. I hope ron is a big enough person to not let this get in the way of his helping others. thank you to all that try and help here on this fourm, Steve

It's just the boot camp mentality to drum such trival things in so one might sound informed on the subject,its probablay how he was taught.

Really?

bce123,

If you think Ron Beaufort is simply trying to sound informed, I suggest you read a few of his posts and visit his website.

I tend to be just as anal as Ron when it comes to people's "don't give a s**t" attitude about grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, etc. If the care you take in expressing your questions or opinions is indicative of the care you take in writing PLC logic...

yes realy I think bernie was right to point out the degrading tone ron used it was un called for and degrading. JUst like here we say yall not you all. I think everyone knows 1,true ,on are all ways of expressing what show shoka was getting at. and I think that bernie has lots of experince in teaching and is correct in his implacation that this kind of talk is uncalled for in a learning enviroment. I have great respect for anyone who trys to teach anyone anything of use. and I dont have anything aginist boot camps if you want to teach someone to do exactly as you say and not think. that why the military uses them. to teach to react first in a life threating situation. but the military also has other schools for learning electroinics and such. this is just my thoughts on the matter I'm not asking you to agree. and again I thank everyone who tries to teach here including Ron

I'm no grammar expert but I am guessing there are a few errors in this post and I didn't read it.

yes realy I think bernie was right to point out the degrading tone ron used it was un called for and degrading. JUst like here we say yall not you all. I think everyone knows 1,true ,on are all ways of expressing what show shoka was getting at. and I think that bernie has lots of experince in teaching and is correct in his implacation that this kind of talk is uncalled for in a learning enviroment. I have great respect for anyone who trys to teach anyone anything of use. and I dont have anything aginist boot camps if you want to teach someone to do exactly as you say and not think. that why the military uses them. to teach to react first in a life threating situation. but the military also has other schools for learning electroinics and such. this is just my thoughts on the matter I'm not asking you to agree. and again I thank everyone who tries to teach here including Ron

If you think Ron Beaufort is simply trying to sound informed
NO I dont I think he wants anyone asking a question to sound informed but i sugest that there are far better ways to accompilsh this than to degrade someone.

I suggest you read a few of his posts and visit his website.
I have and I have also visited bernie's

grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, etc.
These have nothing to do with LOGIC.. Would you have me belive that someone from say japan that just barley speaks and writes english is not a good programer. how one speaks has nothing to do with his ability to reason but how one reasons has much to do with how one speaks. and agian thanks to anyone trying to teach somthing on this site,Steve

I my self am not on here for an english lesson or a typing lesson although i could use both.

I'm no grammar expert but I am guessing there are a few errors in this post and I didn't read it.
Im gussing you didnt scan your inputs before you turned on your outputs

I really hope that's not the case...

I agree, I also truly hope not as well bmacattack33...The reason I'm just responded to those comments now, is that I was going back through, studying anything that I might have missed from past post. At the time Ron responded to me I was so on the go, I read his response and only picked out what I needed at that time.The only stupid question is the one not asked, but to be really humanistic about his answer, it touched a feeling. I'm only trying to learn all I can about PLC's. Now, maybe its me, but Ron's statement about "it's been done". That's not far. I took his response. Was I just supposed to had stayed quiet? My signature is, "I'm not totally lost" which means that I'm a little lost at times, but I'm getting better.

Last edited:
"Was I just supposed to had stayed quiet?" maybe some times it's better to listen than to respond. but the human thing is to react. I must admit I fly off fast when it comes to somthing I belive in. anyone should have known what kind of response was comming from those statements. and anyone making such statements should be prepared for such responses. "do on to others as you would have them do unto you" was around long before this fourm and will be long after.

I agree, I also truly hope not as well bmacattack33...The reason I'm just responded to those comments now, is that I was going back through, studying anything that I might have missed from past post. At the time Ron responded to me I was so on the go, I read his response and only picked out what I needed at that time.The only stupid question is the one not asked, but to be really humanistic about his answer, it touched a feeling. I'm only trying to learn all I can about PLC's. Now, maybe its me, but Ron's statement about "it's been done". That's not far. I took his response. Was I just supposed to had stayed quiet? My signature is, "I'm not totally lost" which means that I'm a little lost at times, but I'm getting better.

Showshocka,
I don't think you can be faulted for having an honest reaction to a rather harsh dressing-down. It's not as if you work for the man. I do honestly believe Ron was trying to help you, but the reaction to your question's lack of precision and to the minor criticism that he received for his response was really very strange.

I mean, have we really seen the last of a legend like Ron because of a few stray comments on one thread???

I think you have to forgive a guy like that some idiosyncrasies for the vast amount of help and education he has given the industrial community for nothing other than the satisfaction it gave him. But to go off the deep end because of some criticism of his teaching method? Just seems way out of character.

But what do I know about what's going on with the man? I just hope he'll be back helping guys like you and me again real soon.

Dustin

I, for one, TRULY hope that this has just been a lot of frayed nerves, for whatever reasons, and that time will soon remind us how many more great threads than bad ALL of the responders herein have been a part of.

Ron, I hope you're checking in every so often and will continue to serve our community and industry as you have so eloquently in the past. If not--it is indeed OUR loss.

It is a sign of the times we are living in. Many of us are stressd out about our jobs, the economy, our homes, and the future of our kids and grandkids. I said 2 years ago that things were going to be tougher this time and I still think that is true. All the negative things are coming together at the same time, as they do every 25 years, or there about.

We must hang together and work to help each other to get through these hard times.