Crazy question, I know....

I think ego boost is the wrong phrase. I believe it is really just the satisfaction of helping others that drives most of us habitual posters on this forum.

Well said.

I would add as well, that this forum probably gets a lot of hits based on Google/Bing type searches. We see that often when ancient threads get resurrected. When you write an answer to someone's question, you are writing a little piece of history that often helps not just the OP, but many others that search and discover those threads months or years later.

I often times write responses that might go a bit overboard too, and sometimes even expanding on the answer the OP already received so that in the future others will get the full story.

Ron, if we don't get the pleasure of your insight in the future, it is our loss. Cheers!

OG

I think the internet, and specifically forums, is a very tricky communication medium when it comes to expressing our 'emotion'. When we talk face to face (and even over the phone to some extent) we read signals, facial expressions, inflections in tone of voice etc which give the recipient a clear understanding as to the sentiment of the message.

Forums don't really cater for the subtlety of human interaction. We have 'smiley' faces etc but these are a poor substitute and can themselves be mis-interpreted. We rely on the person reading our posts to infer the correct meaning and sentiment from them.

Misunderstanding is inevitable.

My sincere best wishes to Ron and I hope that this is just a 'breather' from the forums rather than a permanent leave of absence.

I personally think the only thing to blame for this spat was the communication medium rather than the protagonists.

"Just my tuppence worth" "Smiley faces" "Disclaimer disclaimer" etc etc

Just to set one thing straight

This thread has had me annoyed and admused at the same time.

I just want to set one thing straight. I have recomended Ron's boot camp for years now to several of my customers and the ones who have gone to his classes have not been dissapointed.

What Ron posted was a "teacher's" answer to the question. It was concise and informative. He explained how you could have better formed your question, how what you are looking at works and explained what you saw. Posts like this are the exact reason I recomend Ron's class. I have never personally taken Ron's class but reading his posts tells me he is one heck of a teacher.

Also, if after I gave one of my employees the answer Ron gave and they came back crying I hurt their feelings their next stop would be the unemployment line. I am not in the business of making people feel good, I am in the business of building machines.

Ron even said, because aparently he cares more about your ego than I do, he was not trying to offend.

Ron if you read this, thanks for the info and keep teaching, your good at it and from the posts on this web site it is sorely needed.

This thread has had me annoyed and admused at the same time.

I just want to set one thing straight. I have recomended Ron's boot camp for years now to several of my customers and the ones who have gone to his classes have not been dissapointed.

What Ron posted was a "teacher's" answer to the question. It was concise and informative. He explained how you could have better formed your question, how what you are looking at works and explained what you saw. Posts like this are the exact reason I recomend Ron's class. I have never personally taken Ron's class but reading his posts tells me he is one heck of a teacher.

Also, if after I gave one of my employees the answer Ron gave and they came back crying I hurt their feelings their next stop would be the unemployment line. I am not in the business of making people feel good, I am in the business of building machines.

Ron even said, because aparently he cares more about your ego than I do, he was not trying to offend.

Ron if you read this, thanks for the info and keep teaching, your good at it and from the posts on this web site it is sorely needed.

I couldn't agree more, well said

"Was I just supposed to had stayed quiet?" maybe some times it's better to listen than to respond. but the human thing is to react. I must admit I fly off fast when it comes to somthing I belive in. anyone should have known what kind of response was comming from those statements. and anyone making such statements should be prepared for such responses. "do on to others as you would have them do unto you" was around long before this fourm and will be long after.

bce there are some grammer errors in this post. Best delete and repost in the event that Ron decides to come back.

That's pretty rich. Like insulting people for asking a question is professional? Give me a break

Who got insulted?

People come here for help. All different kinds of people with all different kinds of personalities. Other people help those in need--again the helpers have all different kinds of personalities. I have not read every thread or post on this forum but I know that usually, disagreements, when they rarely arise, are dealt with in a quick and mostly professional manner.

You run the risk of getting someone else's temperament anytime you ask a question or make a statement--on this forum or live and in person. That's just how it is. On this forum the norm is a good-faith attempt to help out without needing anything more from the requestor. Insults have been few and only delivered when someone, be honest, literally asked for it. The point has already been made that written words don't show tone of voice or facial expressions--so we generally have to consider that help given is purely that and nothing more. Most folks who take the time to help aren't gonna belittle the guy they are trying to help.

This thread was not insulting to anyone. Read just 1% of Ron's posts and you conclude that IF someone was being insultive to someone else, it wasn't Ron.

I also don't think Showshocka was being insultive either and I hope that he still feels comfortable enough to ask this forum for help when he needs it in the future.

the original question was answered, the OP should delete this post now before it gets any more out of hand than it already has. Reading it makes this forum look bad in a way. In respect to all the great minds on this site that help us time and time again please remove this thread

Sheeesh

Funny how a person is considered insulting because he answered a question.

Funny how a guy who was giving good information for free read this tread and decided he was better off focusing more on his paying gig than giving out free and usefull information to people who asked.

Funny how after all that some still feel the need to post snippy little comments.

Funny.....

hopefully both of those guys are over it and know that it's not worth sweating...
I certainly am over it. I will be asking for more help weekly. Without Ron and you other guys, I would have been researching for understanding issues for days and days. In the future, I truly desired to be blessed with half the knowledge about PLC systems that any of you guys have.

I certainly am over it. I will be asking for more help weekly. Without Ron and you other guys, I would have been researching for understanding issues for days and days. In the future, I truly desired to be blessed with half the knowledge about PLC systems that any of you guys have.

Very cool. At least the result of this thread isn't all bad and no good. Feel free, SS, and welcome to ask anything you need help with. You will indeed get help when you need it.

Ron,

We never really crossed paths in that you lived in the AB world and I didn't, but I still read some of your posts.

Your posts that I read were always insightful and came from the position of educating others. Teaching is a passion in that I share the same desire but on a different subject.

There is an enormous reward when your student "gets it". Although compensation is wonderful, you can't put a price on what you receive when you convey vision and understanding, and they actually get it.

The forum's loss is your wife's gain. Enjoy your time together.

Speaking as someone who has ruffled feathers here, it can be a very intense and high strung community at times. Not all but some make it challenging.

Please be encouraged that what you do, does make a difference, and that there are people who appreciate what you do, and what you have provided over the years to this community.

Shalom and God Bless,