Cross belt sorter encoder

flux

We have a cross belt sorter from one of the known company in Europe. It's not running on a PLC and I cant access the code to understand how the encoder works.

From what I understand there is like an array of 10 photo sensor equally spaced from each other and when the 0 cell passes along the sensor (there is a metal plate under the cell the blocks the sensors) it starts to do the calculation and assign values to each cells so it knows the cell position as it goes around.

I was wondering if anybody could explain to me how it works and how it is programmed.

Thanks for your time...

Similar Topics

In the past, we have used AB 1492 feed thru screw terminals a lot. Lead time on these with our distributor is terrible. Is there an almost...
Replies
Views
In our production plant we have multiple different networks (subnets). IT dept have setup routing between them so different subnets can...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to connect a PC with running WinCC Advanced or Unified to a siemens PLC such as S7-1200 across different subnets? The computers can...
Replies
Views
I want to establish a Profinet network in my production plant to connect multiple devices, including a PLC, HMI, and multiple Profinet-based...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Attached below is an example of what is happening to our existing SCADA. It seems after patching some Rockwell Software that I thought...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom