Cross-Limit Fuel/Air combustion

Darkzadow

Hi, I have looked at the other combustion threads and have a few questions relating to my own system. I have an in place system (predating my birth) that uses straight ratio control for gas to air.
It is a 2 loop system. With Temp PV and SP driving the Gas CV, and the second loop driving Air in direct ratio with Gas PV. Due to performance issues I am tasked with updating this. The main issues was overtemp. So I did a quick fix so at HI temp a set level of excess air used to cool the area down. I am now looking to correct this poor control scheme with a cross-limiting scheme.

I would like to know if my current scheme is unsafe and unwise to leave in place until I can generate a better control scheme?

The boss has dictated that there will also be a cooling control in the new setup. Does cross-limiting have that inherent in its design? if not i plan to add a similar cooling select to new system.

And cause Im new to PID I don't exactly understand how feeding A Temp PID loop to both Gas and Air Loops in cross-limit produce heat increase. I understand how the logic setup works by selecting different set points for air and gas, but how does the CV of temp loop give a good Air AND Gas SP with Air in ratio to Gas?

I am hopping around all day and leave forum open on computer so I apologies for any slow responses.

I have been reading parts of that. Does that mean I would have to scale the Air SP based off the SP I recieve from the TEMPERATURE loop? And if that is the case when the Temperature is over SP does that mean both gas and AIR go to minimum allowed values?