DeltaV - Ifix problem

Hey overthere,

I desinged a Picture in Ifix which is part of DeltaV. Now when I open my window in DeltaV operate (run) I get the message "The picture you just loaded into the main window is not a main window picture".

How can I convert this picture into a main window picture?

Rudi

Fritz_frederix said:
...How can I convert this picture into a main window picture?
Rudi,
Not sure how you "generated the blank slate and then started making a picture" but my method is to open either main.grf or Main1280.grf form the /Template/ subdirectory under /Pics and then save it to the /Pics directory under a different name. e.g.'Master.grf', once I have set up the desire baseline background and any control formating that I will use on similar screens. Just keep reopening the master and then Save As for the various new displays.

To save what you have already done, open up the Template grf, Select All then delete everything. Next Select all on the "bad" grf and copy them to the template file. This usually gets rid of whatever was bugging the system that the basic file format/ type/ info wasn't set exactly as Ifix was looking for.

Mike,

Thx that part works, Now I have just one more question if you don't mind.

How can I put that picture right in the opening of the Operate runtime. It seems always to schift. I modified the Window properties Document height and document with. But it doesn't same to help. What alse can I do.

Rudi

Ifix/ Operate is fussy on what standard template you use to set up your graphics. You using a standard 1280 x 1024 screen res? If so, use Main1280 as the template. I, too, have had this problem in the past and basically just started using the 1280 template. Their is some trick to get it to work with other settings, you can try to decipher the Usersetting.grf as it's probably buried in there somewhere. Just be sure to have a backup copy of it first in case you get hosed with the changes. UserSetting must be stored in the /Standard subdirectory and not stored in just the /Pics directory.