Desperate need for translation.

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
Please, help me find the words :(

I am looking for some sort of onboard furniture for my van/truck/car/SUV + + .

I need to fit this in the passenger seat and have a nice place for my Laptop, my GPS, My 2 cell phones, my Blackberry and of course a big jug of coffe.

If I slam the breaks I want all this to stay in place ...

How the begesus would this be called. I can't even find the wright words to google it.

I've tryed mobile car furniture, car laptop shelf, and many more dumb words I could imagine with my limited vocabulary.

So what should I ask for?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks guys. One word was "Stand" another was "Mount".

I have seen on a sales rep a very complete unit which folded in the trunck but have not seen it yet.

19259130_scaled_320x240.JPG

Here is a sample but not exactly what I'm looking for. Will keep searching.

That unit in the link I posted is neat. They can be mounted without drilling in most cases and have a unit for just about any vehicle. They also have PDA and cell phone holders.
Here is one showing it in a crown vic cop car:

police-equipment-crown-vic.jpg

Wow, thats efficiency.

The unit I saw was in between Ron's link (sort'a laptop mount) and Bernie's (good Lord Bernie the laptop shown must be as old as you :)) which is like a desk on the passenger seat.

What I saw was like this desk plus the laptop stand. Perhaps it was a combination of the two.

Bernie's lappy!

Last edited:
The laptop and cellphone will still be on the floor when you slam the brakes. The tables need a lip on the front edge.
[Edit: I see it's a non-skid surface. "[font=arial, helvetica]Full non-skid material keeps your briefcase or computer from sliding when you hit the brakes." ]

[/font] All those new pencils, but no sharpener?

Last edited:
Wow Pierre, that will beat the heck out of getting caught by the cops for using a mobile!!!!

Fitting this type of thing would be great, but in the UK using it whilst driving would cost you a large fine and your driving license.

PeterW said:
Fitting this type of thing would be great, but in the UK using it whilst driving would cost you a large fine and your driving license.
BobB said:
Wow Pierre, that will beat the heck out of getting caught by the cops for using a mobile!!!!

I only use it for my lappy GPS module.

GPS_front_with_cord.jpg

15in screen beat what we find prepackaged on the market. Also I have a blue tooth adaptor for when I receive a calls.

streetstrips2006.jpg

Since I always carry my lappy this $100 GPS is a great deal (bought it at OfficeMax in PA)