devicenet to scanport for1336 drives

drewcrew6

Is there anything that needs programed in the 1336 drive to use the scanport adapter to get it on devicenet?

The problem I have is on a machine that was fine until the a/c unit drain got clogged. The water that was sprayed all over the components took out the untire devicenet and a 160 drive along with a couple of breakers. The system has 5 1336 drives and a 160 drive along with a couple of beckoff "racks". The untire devicenet cards have been replaced and from what I'm told configured.

On 2 of the nodes the 1203 adapter flashes the green leds but when i disconnect them the node doesnot create a loss on the scanner.
On the other nodes for the drives they just don't respond to the devicenet but the 1203's will create a fault when disconnecting the devicenet.

What I'm wondering does the data in the 1336 drive have to be mapped (A1-?,A2-?,etc or is that automatic) .

I'm sure I'm missing some needed info but I'm not sure what is relavant to help everyone help me. Just let me know what is relevant.

Thanks
Drewcrew6

Was the PLC scanner card replaced (and what kind is it) ? Because removing some of the drives from the network does not create a connection loss error in the scanner, I'd say the scanner has not been configured to scan these drives.

Check the part number of the 1336 drive DeviceNet interface. If it is 1203-GK5 or 1336-GM5, it will have DIP switches to set it's data rate and address. If it's a 1203-GU6 or 1336-GM6 it will be set up using RSNetworx software.

Yes, there are parameters in the SCANport interface itself (enable M-S I/O) that need to be set up using RSNetworx for DeviceNet, as well as some parameters in the drive itself (such as the Reference Source).

If you can upload the scanlist from the scanner using RSNetworx for DeviceNet software (presuming it's an A-B scanner) and post it that would be a great first step.

Thank you Ken it is a 1203-gu6. and the scanner was replaced. The scanner is a 1747-sdn.

Fortunatly dayshift found where they went wrong when they initially set everything up. From what I found wrong they knew where to go.

This was definetly a huge learning curve on this project. My biggest problem is that I don't have access to rsnetwrx---yet. I did have an interview to move up to control tech, and I got the position just haven't been moved yet. The position gets me all the softwares (logix 5,500,5000, rsview,panelbuilder, etc,etc)on my own company lap-top.
WOOO--HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I will have many problems that need help.

And thank you Ken for all the help you gave me to be able to get this position....It has definetly not been forgotten.

Thanks
Drewcrew6