DH485 MSG Error

nautical

Dear Messes,

I am working on 2nos. SLC5/05 plc and I had set those Channel 0 & 1 as Passthru, i.e.: the RS232 as DH485 with Net-AIC at 19,200bps, and sent message to 10 nos. old SLC5/03. However, the MSG block cannot read file from Old SLC5/03 and get the error 37(MSG timeout in local processor) and sometimes even get "The requested node did not response". But as I put the CPU to program mode and then switch back to run mode, few station can get the MSG done in first few round and then after few second, all station got MGS error as stated above.

I had check my cable works and did not find any defect or broken point. I had use the CAT5 cable to connect my PLC to those Old SLC5/03.

Would any master can give me some advise so that I can fix it.

Best Rgds.,
Man

Last edited:
The timeout errors are indicative of cable and signal problems.

Short and slow RS-485 type networks might work fine with Cat5 cable, but it is never a recommended type of wire for DH485 networks.

Read the Installation Guide for DH485 cable systems, and follow the guidance for cable selection and installation found in that publication.