Direct Logic 05 to sense shaft stall with proximity switch

kasch,

Have you turned on "status"? It will possibly help with trouble shooting. I'm specifically interested in rung 3.

The sealin branch would keep the output on after the initial low speed start. you might need a timer to keep it from sealing in.

Very close, need a timer yet?

Much closer after adding in the high speed input, but it latches on the alarm, and will not silence/reset the alarm when the machine speeds up. Milldrone, you were exactly correct when you said "The sealin branch would keep the output on after the initial low speed start" How can I automatically reset/silence the alarm when there is not an alarm condition in the attached ladder program?
Milldrone, I also attached a txt file of your version of the program, with slight changes done by myself. I tested this also, the alarm was "chirping" while testing, not sure what was going on with that one.

Milldrone, you were exactly correct when you said "The sealin branch would keep the output on after the initial low speed start" How can I automatically reset/silence the alarm when there is not an alarm condition in the attached ladder program?

First we need to credit Bernie Carlton for spotting the latch/sealin issue. He saw that potential problem on Oct 8 th 2014.

try this version

PLC 05

// Rung 1
// Address 0
#BEGIN COMMENT
"This should select mode 60 as the HSIO mode, and set the filter time for inputs X1 and X2 "
"at 0 ms"
#END
STR SP0
LD K60
OUT V7633
LD K6
OUT V7635
LD K6
OUT V7636

// Rung 2
// Address 7
#BEGIN COMMENT
"The shaft monitored by X2 is rotating at 3150 rpm at full speed. The prox target is 1/2 of "
"1 revolution, meaning the prox is closed for 1/2 of a revolution. I need the alarm to sound "
"if it slows to about 2500 RPM or less. The prox is Automation Direct # AM1-AP-1H with "
"2khz switching frequency. The PLC is a Direct Logic 05 series D0-05DR-D"
#END
STR X0
AND X2
TMRF T2 K3

// Rung 3
// Address 12
#BEGIN COMMENT
"3150 rpm/60=52.5 rotations per second. 1 sec/52.5 rotations = .019 seconds per "
"rotation, so I set the timers to 3, is this correct? "
""
"With the timers set to 3, the alarm sounded when I engaged the machine from a stop, and "
"continued to annoy me with its buzzing until I switched the PLC into STOP mode. If I then "
"switch it back to TERM or RUN mode while the machine is running, the alarm will only "
"sound when I throttle it down to idle..... So I think I need a timer in this rung to only allow "
"the alarm to sound for a second when an alarm condition is present, then turn the alarm "
"off until an alarm condition is present again."
#END
STR X0
ANDN X2
TMRF T3 K3

// Rung 4
// Address 17
#BEGIN COMMENT
"I am not using an alarm reset, if an alarm condition is present, the operator simply needs to "
"shut the machine down, which opens the engage switch X0, silencing the alarm. If the "
"operator continues to run the machine with an anoying alarm, they will be tasked with "
"hours of crawling inside the combine to remove the tough wet soybean stalks piled "
"upstream of the stalled chopper. Been there done that, not fun at all."
#END
STR X0
ANDN C0
OUT Y0

// Rung 5
// Address 20
#BEGIN COMMENT
"This rung adds a ""warble to the alarm"" as Lancie suggested."
#END
STR X0
AND Y0
ANDN T4
TMR T4 K12
AND TA4 K6
OUT C0

// Rung 6
// Address 29
END

// Rung 7
// Address 30
NOP

#BEGIN ELEMENT_DOC
"UW0","K2.5","",""
"X0","","","Engage Switch"
"X1","","","Rethresh Prox"
"X2","","","Chopper Prox"
"Y0","","","Alarm"
"C0","AlarmWarble","",""
"T2","","","X2 ON Timer"
"T3","","","X2 OFF Timer"
"T4","","","alarm warble"
"T5","","","Alarm Off Time"
"TA4","AlarmWarbleAcc","",""
"SP5","_100MilliSeconds","","Filtered inputs"

#END

Machine up an running, for now

Thanks for everyones help so far.
Milldrone, your "alarm warble" program above does not turn off the alarm, even if I accelerate the machine to full speed, and then switch the PLC into run mode. I don't fully understand how it works, so I have not attempted to correct it. Is it supposed to reset itself when an alarm condition is not present? Right now it just silences the alarm for a split second. Can you add in comments so I know what adjustments could be made?

I was successful at adding the other X1 input proximity rungs into my old standby program attached below. A few things on this;
1. Are my timer calculations correct? I wish I could enter a more accurate value into the timer! Very course as milldrone put it. Machine is at idle before it triggers an alarm, meaning both shafts are well below the rpms desired to trigger an alarm. I adjusted the timers, but from 2 to 3 is a huge change.
2. Maybe I need a timer to delay the alarm from sounding until the machine is up to speed? I just need a way to reset the alarm automatically when an alarm condition is not present.

Here is my standby program, same as the .txt attachment:

PLC 05

// Rung 1
// Address 0
#BEGIN COMMENT
"The PLC is a Direct Logic 05 series D0-05DR-D"
"This rung should select mode 60 as the HSIO mode, and set the filter time for inputs X1 "
"and X2 at 0 ms"
#END
STR SP0
LD K60
OUT V7633
LD K6
OUT V7635
LD K6
OUT V7636

// Rung 2
// Address 7
#BEGIN COMMENT
"The shaft monitored by X1 is rotating at 822 RPM at full speed. The pulley has 6 equally "
"spaced targets on it that the prox is sensing. I need the alarm to sound if the shaft slows "
"to about 600 RPM or less. The prox is Automation Direct # AM1-AP-1H with 2khz "
"switching frequency."
""
"822 x 6/60=82.2 pulses per second. 1 sec/82.2 rotations = .012 seconds per rotation, so "
"the timers should be set to 1.2 or 2, is this correct?"
#END
STR X0
AND X1
TMRF T0 K3

// Rung 3
// Address 12
STR X0
ANDN X1
TMRF T1 K3

// Rung 4
// Address 17
#BEGIN COMMENT
"The shaft monitored by X2 is rotating at 3150 rpm at full speed. The prox target is 1/2 of "
"1 revolution, meaning the prox is closed for 1/2 of a revolution. I need the alarm to sound "
"if it slows to about 2500 RPM or less. The prox is the same as X1 input, Automation "
"Direct # AM1-AP-1H with 2khz switching frequency."
""
"3150 rpm/60=52.5 rotations per second. 1 sec/52.5 rotations = .019 seconds per "
"rotation, so I set the timers to 3, is this correct? "
#END
STR X0
AND X2
TMRF T2 K3

// Rung 5
// Address 22
#BEGIN COMMENT
"With the timers set to 3, the alarm sounded when I engaged the machine from a stop, and "
"continued to annoy me with its buzzing until I switched the PLC into STOP mode. If I then "
"switch it back to TERM or RUN mode while the machine is running, the alarm will only "
"sound when I throttle it down to idle..... So I think I need a timer in this rung to only allow "
"the alarm to sound for a second when an alarm condition is present, then turn the alarm "
"off until an alarm condition is present again."
#END
STR X0
ANDN X2
TMRF T3 K3

// Rung 6
// Address 27
#BEGIN COMMENT
"I am not using an alarm reset, if an alarm condition is present, the operator simply needs to "
"shut the machine down, which opens the engage switch X0, silencing the alarm. If the "
"operator continues to run the machine with an anoying alarm, they will be tasked with "
"hours of crawling inside the combine to remove the tough wet soybean stalks piled "
"upstream of the stalled chopper. Been there done that, not fun at all."
#END
STR X0
STR T0
OR T1
OR T2
OR T3
OR Y0
ANDSTR
OUT Y0

// Rung 7
// Address 35
#BEGIN COMMENT
"With this program, the alarm stays on after it sees an alarm condition. So upon startup of "
"the machine I need to switch the PLC mode switch to STOP, then back to RUN once the "
"machine is running at full speed to avoid the initial alarm condition."
""
#END
END

// Rung 8
// Address 36
NOP

#BEGIN ELEMENT_DOC
"UW0","K2.5","",""
"X0","","","Engage Switch"
"X1","","","Rethresh Prox"
"X2","","","Chopper Prox"