Direct Logic H2-CTRIO help please

You could still accidentally map them to those bits, but yes, the other CPUs are more flexible.

You still have plenty of C bits available. You might want to move your mapping to start at C200 or C300 so you don't accidentally run into them again. And name the bits immediately so you remember that you've already used them.

See page 59 of this manual for 240 mapping of C bits... http://www.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/d2user/ch3.pdf

🍻

-Eric

Regarding naming the bits - as soon as you are done assigning the V and C areas at the bottom of 'IO Map' click 'Export' to create a CSV file. Import that into Directsoft. Documenting done.

Ok, I have a functioning program that appears to do what I need. I attached it, so please take a look and let me know how bad of a hack job it is. I needed to take in a list of up to 8 different bend angles. I then wanted the plc to monitor the encoder on the bend arm and close a relay contact when that bend angle is reached. The sequence for the bends is important, and when each bend is complete I wanted the setting to jump to the next preset.

To accomplish this I decided to load all the values from the v locations for bend 1 - bend 8 into the accumulator. Then, I immediately pop off the last one loaded, make the bend, and pop again after each bend is complete. If a zero comes up for a bend angle it reloads and starts over. Seems to work like I wanted... How bad of an approach did I take?

Thank you for all the help!

H2-CTRIO module

Hi, I am trying to use a high speed counter with a Direct logic 205 PLC with DL-240 CPU. This is the first time that I want to configure and use this module in PLC program. I just went through the manual to see how to configure the module. But I don't know how to program the PLC. I am using this module with a steppe motor to have different position of a shuttle. This is used for a cutting machine. Can anybody help me? I am not sure if I have to use quad counter as the input and pulse (step/dir) as output for the module.
Thanks.

Last edited: