DLR network questions - Stratix

mitchpearce91

Hi all,

As some of our old Device net gear is failing I am planning to migrate some parts to ethernet/ip.

We have 10 small cabinets with a PLC, safety controller, couple of drives, HMI, etc all over devicenet.

My question is:
If I put a Stratix 5700 in each cabinet can I use it as the DLR ring supervisor but ALSO have some devices (non-dlr) in a star topology on the other ports? and still be able to then connect the Stratix to our factory network?

Diagram attached

Cheers

2019-04-30 14_25_01-Network arch - PowerPoint.png

Similar Topics

Greetings Folks, This is my first post after a long gap (almost 13 years) on this forum and i hope that i will get things fixed with your...
Replies
Views
Hello. This one is as nerdy as it can get. Never seen this issue before. I am seeing a "Partial Network Fault", for which the specification only...
Replies
Views
I've never used a managed switch before, and I've never configured a DLR before. On my current extruder rehab project, I'm thinking about both...
Replies
Views
Hi, Rockwell beginner here, so I have been trying to set up an HMI Screen in Panelview PLus 1000, which would tell the customer if a link is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have never done DLR networks before and would love to get some feedback on some of the design methodologies that the hardware...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom