Download to PLC from home - Siemens

Lesa

Hi all,

Software is Siemens Step 7 v5.4 and WinCC 6.0 SP4. PLC is S400.
PC with WinCC is connected to internet and on PROFIBUS.

Can this be configurated so I can download software changes to PLC from internet?

It would be very helpfup that I don't need to drive 4 hours for every litle software changes.

Thanx.
Best Regards.
Lesa.

Hello Lesa,

If your PC used for WinCC application (connected to PLC) has Step7 installed then you can use VNC software to download modifications and/or monitor the program execution.

http://www.realvnc.com/ (free to download).

It works like client-server and you can connect throught internet to that PC and work like you are on the spot. I use it all the time and it works well but you need fast internet connection.