DPRD_DAT, DPWR_DAT with S7-1200 and Wago

qwemx

How to configure the DPRD_DAT and also DPWR_DAT if the slave is non siemens I/O and does not have any hardware ID(system constants) and just the profibus address and input output area .

Wago slave has the Input address 7 to 16 and output from 7 to 11. It has a Profibus address of 40

I have to get 10 bytes from this Wago slave device to the S7-1200 CPU

so how i configure the DPRD for this

from siemens help on DPRD_DAT

"LADDR = Hardware ID of the module from which the data is to be read.

The hardware ID can be found in the properties of the module in the device view or system constants."

Wago has no hardware ID

download.png Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited:
I have one master and 3 wago I/O slaves and also 3 1200 cpu (slave)
is it necessary that I use the DPRD_DAT only in master , can I use it inside one of the s7-1200 which is slave to get data from wago slave
when i try to do this i do not see the hardware ID in the list

Screenshot_5.jpg

Last edited:
The IO addresses are available in Master(s7-300) process image but not in the S7-1200, If I make logic in Master then I can directly use the IO ADDRESSES because these slaves send data to the Master process image - but I have to make logic in s7-1200 PLC so need to transfer the information from the Wago slave to s7-1200

Last edited:
Would like to know what is the reason for setting up the system like that, with 1 Profibus master, and many slaves, and the S7-1200 Slaves are to be functionally controlling the Wago slaves.

There are a couple of ways to share IO, but it always requires one DP master to be the hub of the communication. This defeats in my opinion any reason one could have for distributing the "master" functionality over several CPUs.
Simpler would be to just have 1 CPU control all slaves.