Eaton EasySoft RTO timer?

Ajaj1976

Hello everybody,
Since my experience is mainly with AB ladder I am having little bit of a problem with EasySoft..
Does anyone knows is there a something comparable to RTO timer?
Thx!

It depends on which Smart Relay you are using, they have different abilities and different ways of setting retention through the range.

Run a 1 second timer when enabled

At DN count a counter or add 1 to an integer and reset the timer
To reset the RTO just zero the integer or reset the counter.

I have worked on platforms where I had to create my own RTO and TOF timers, plus create Timer.TT and Timer.EN bits.

Here's how I have done it.

I made 1 change that the timer loops always and I CTU if the output is on.

The above way there would be a little lost runtime every ON/OFF cycle.
With the way here there is a slight gain every ON and loss every OFF, but over the course of a year actual code like this was off only a few seconds for a production machine that I had both ways in as a test along with a true RTO for comparison.

EDIT: Under the rung with the CTU I am showing 2 different ways whether you want it to reset when the output turns off immediately, or keep the count and reset next time it starts

Capture2.PNG

Last edited: