Eaton SVX 9000 Devicenet.

BOZONEQ

I have Eaton SVX 9000's controlled via devicenet by Emerson Delta V. My drives keep reverting back to requesting a local reference after they have been shut down for a while or the power is cycled on them. My I/O polling is 21/71. Is this a devicenet issue or a drive issue or both?

I do not work with either device but did find with an absolute rotary encoder from Pepperl & Fuchs on Device Net that there was a rather obscure method of writing/saving a configuration to the device. You could change the value, power down and the device reverted to the default configuration as you describe. With the Pepperl & Fuchs device I had to write a word value to an obscure address area and turn a bit on and then off in the same area to save the setting.
I hope this helps you to find your solution.