Electrocraft BSA communications problem

loundeb2

Hi,
I have an Electrocraft BSA30 drive that I'm trying to communicate with. I have my COM's set up correctly, but I get a port error. I'm using IQMaster 3.24 and a serial to USB adapter. Could the USB adapter be at fault? What else should I check for?
Thanks

Hi,
I have the USB recognized as COM 3 and COM 3 selected in IQ Master. All other settings are identical. I've tried BRU emulation, XON/XOFF changes. But still won't communicate.

Are you sure COM3 is available and not being used by some other application? Older versions of RSLinx for example were notorious for not releasing the COM port even though not running.

It could be that IQMaster is so old that it won't work with anything but a real serial port, but see if you can get a different model USB/serial converter. I use one from Staples that works for most of what I need to do, but there are a couple of places where I have to dust off an old laptop with a real COM port.