Embedded High Speed Counter on 1769-l24er-qbfc1b

alive15

Hello, I have a prox switch switch plugged into my embedded counter in terminal A0+ and I'm trying to see which input I need to use to monitor that prox. I've attached a file showing some of the tags in the embedded counter. I'm spinning a table that has a bolt underneath it, and every time it crosses the prox, I want the counter to count up one. I've tried using the prox input from the plc itself, but when I increase the RPM of the table, it occasionally skips a count and doesn't see the prox, so thats why I want to utilize the embedded high speed counter. I looked at many of the tags I thought would increase the count but none of them seem to work the way I need it to (which is just increasing by 1 every time the prox makes). Thanks.

pic3.jpg

What is your max RPM? You might be having a issue with the Prox Switch instead of the input. I have seen prox switches that would not pick up a high speed object. You might want to look at your switch and make sure it can handle the speed.

Also have you looked at the programmable filter of the inputs? You can select the On-Off and Off to On time. You may be able to play with the filter times to make your input work.