Embedded Webcam into CitectScada

Hi guys, I am new to PLC CitectScada.

My supervisor requests me to embed several webcams into my scada. The webcams will be used to monitor all three PLC tables (distributing table, testing table and sorting table)in our lab remotely.

Just wondering does anyone know how to start the project?

regards,
Charles.

Check w/ Citect to see if there software supports displaying a mjpeg stream.
If it does, you can use any network based IP cam that will do mjpeg.

For example, I use the Axis 223M's here on plant. I have the cam display inline on my furnace process(I'm not using Citect however).

You can embed an ActiveX window in a page and point it to the camera with a script on the page entry.

RE: BTalbot & Dravik
I had a look at MOXA website, the method shown in MOXA is by using an IP camera. An IP camera will not work in my case because the CitectScada is running in my university which means the IP camera need to be connected to my uni's WIFI or LAN. So, it will be hard for me to obtain the IP address from the uni's network. Thanks.

Is there any alternating way of doing it? thanks..

RE: bazzab1
I think activeX might be a better option? BUT I know nothing about activeX, script and stuffs. May i grabbed more details from u like where to start and how to do it? Thanks.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/member.php?u=43061

Unfortunately the last time I used this method it was with IP cameras. In 2006 I used ActiveX with "Winnov" video cards (4 X coax inputs) to embed video into Citect (V5.5). The people at Winnov were very helpful and I would contact them to see if they have any ActiveX components for their newer cards.

The active X is the way to go, but you don't necessarily need to purchase hardware. There are software vendors available that you could buy it from.

Hi Guys,

Since Citect SCADA is already under Schneider Electric, the easiest way to implement your project is to use Pelco IP cameras using ActiveX. By the way, Pelco is under Schneider too, that's why they made a good collboration. Pan, tilt, zoom of your camera will be incorporated to SCADA.

Warm regards,

hi guys,

i already had my IP camera, can anyone show me how to embed it into my CitectSCADA's GUi..?

I have tried the methods shown in moxa but it doesn't seems to be working properly.

your helps is much appreciated.

regards,
Charles