Emulation in RSLOGIX 5000 - IO Fault Bits

icont

I am using RS Emulate to run a simulation in RSLogix 5000 and I chose to inhibit all the IO modules of the IO tree to be able to change the IOs.

When I start my simulation, all my IO card fault bits are 1, so I have to use a subrotine that move 0 to all the fault bits.

However, when I try to change manually the value of the analog IOs, all the fault bits turn back to 1. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Last edited:
Does anyone know why this is happening?
I'm just testing an application using RSLogix 20.04, Emulate and some IF16 modules, and there's no issue with the fault bits in the analog modules.

Try a short program with a similar controller and some analog modules and check if the problem appears again.

Which I/O modules with fault bits? If Analog modules, have you configured or turned off the fault bits in the module properties tab? You may be moving a value outside the range of the configuration for the alarms.