Epson T3 Scara Ethernet/IP with Logix 5000

phuz

Does anyone have any expertise with communication between a Logix PLC and an Epson T3 Scara robot? I have an Ethernet/IP slave fieldbus board installed, and it shows correctly in the Epson RC+ 7 config, but when I added the 1756-MODULE for 32 bytes in/out instances of 100 and 150 for the input/output, I get no data. I'm assuming I have to somehow map the I/O from the default bits to the fieldbus bits.
Epson's documentation isn't great.

Last edited:
I am connected to a G6 through EIP to an RC700. I am in the middle of something right now but will post something later.

Keith

Looks like I was able to change the Remote I/O bits and made some progress. I'm getting a little more involved with it now with trying to define programs. I had not changed the control device to Remote I/O which is why my commands weren't being recognized.

HI

Just to add as per the_msp post it was me who asked the question back in 2002.
I have found the code for that robot and if you send me a pm I could send you the epson code

Donnchadh

Epson_2.GIF