equustek DL3500 DF1 to DH+/DH-485

Mirko1

If anybody know how to configure DL35000 DF1 to DH+, please tell me. I have four SLC500 with 5/04 processors.The PLC comunicates between them via DH+ network at speed 57,6 Kbds trough Blue Hose cable and everything is OK. Now I want connect PLC network with DL3500 DF1 to DH+/DH-485 to my PC in my office wher is the end of Blue Hose cable. Please if anybody have answer how i can do this

rsdoran said:
This should be the manual for the DL3500 http://www.protocolconverter.com/DL3500-UM.pdf
Thanks for manual. I make everything as is illustrate in manual and were not succeed to see ours nodes or SLC in our DH+ network. I want to give you more information about our DH+ network: We have four SLC500 with 5/04 processors.
The PLC communicates between them via DH+ network at speed 57,6 Kbds and everything is OK.
One end of the cable ( Blue Hose) is in office where is a PC. Here is DL3500 and we want connect our network and PLCs to PC in office. RSlinx now couldn't see PLCs. You can see snap shot what RSlinx showed in attachment.
RSlinx.jpg

What are you using for device in RSLinx?
see picture then change to to match if you have not already done so.

Device.jpg

Well then I would double check the baud rate of your DL3500 serial port and set RSLinx to match (note this is different then the DH+ baud rate). Cable between PC and DL3500 is a null modem cable ( double check)

Since you are using an RS232/USB2.0 interface, the serial port is very likely NOT enumerated as COM1.

My Keyspan USB/RS232 interface enumerates as COM14, and changes depending on which of my 4 USB ports I plug it into.

You must determine which logical Windows COM port your serial port is assigned.

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System
Select "Hardware" tab.
Click "Device Manager" button.
Scroll down to Ports (COM & LPT).

COMPORT14.GIF

Well, check the DH+ wiring. There should be one 150 ohm resistor between the blue and clear wires on each extreme end of the network (for 57.6 kb/s operation).

Try reversing the blue and clear wires at the DL3500 end.

I chek the DH+ wiring and you can see on the picture, DH+ wiring is OK.I'm trying with resistor and still DL3500 can't see PLCs.

DH+wiring.jpg

Thank you everybody for help.Finally DL3500 can see all nodes in my DH+ network. I try with RS232cable and external power supply without USB/RS232, and is successfull.