Ethernet Communication Problem

Wrong File Uploaded

Here is the correct file. Sorry for the mixup.

Plz let me know if my Node, IP, and connections is all correct. The actual design and Tags I whiz at. Thanks.

Make sure that your Communication configuration looks like this (for a ControlLogix in Slot 00 of the chassis):

PB32_Node_Config.PNG

Aha !

The "Path" is the CIP Path, which consists of pairs of numbers that designate a Port and an Address.

In RSLogix 5000 message instructions (where this is used the most), the path elements are separated by commas.

In PanelBuilder32, they are separated by spaces, so it's easy to misinterpret
"1 0" for "10".

Port 1 is the backplane port of the 1756-ENBT, and Slot 0 is the left-most slot of the ControlLogix backplane.

That might be all you need to do to get this test working.

From reading the release notes, I don't think that PanelBuilder32 can address boolean sub-elements past element 31. It might be best to make your "B3" file into an INT[x] or DINT[x] array.

PanelView terminals that are less than about 7 years old can address ControlLogix tags natively over EtherNet/IP. To avoid confusion you might want to call that "B3" tag "PVData". You don't have to map "B3[x]" to data table number 3 using the Map PLC/SLC Addresses feature.

In days gone by, and over some PCCC networks (DF1, DH485, DH+) you had to use the PLC/SLC address mechanism, but not anymore.

Last edited:
One small note about IP addressing: It is extremely common to use the "xxx.yyy.zzz.1" host number as the Default Gateway address for a router, even on networks that don't have a router.

While it's legitimate to have no Default Gateway setting, and to assign your controller or PC the ".1" host IP address, there's enough tradition and chance that somebody else might later use the traditional subnet gateway and cause a problem, that I never set a non-router device as ".1".

Actually, while we are on the subject.

When setting up IP addresses for systems, Using 10.x.y.z address' is a good practice.
10.x.y.z is one of the private IP address spaces, Is not globally allocated, and cannot be reached by the public internet.

If your customer provides the IP range and it isn't private(10.x.y.z, 192.168.x.y, 172.16.x.y-172.32.x.y), Please check to make sure their organization is allocated that range. Using non-private IP ranges allocated elsewhere is just asking for problems should those devices ever find their way near the public facing internet.