ethernet communication to motoman robot

ddwilson1

I am using rslogix 5000 with micrologix L32E processor and point io. everything except the robot will communicate and is working fine except the robot that conection is giving me a code 16 #0204 connection request error. I can ping the IP address for it with no lost packets but always get the yellow triangle in RSlogix.
Any suggestions?
Doug

16#0204 is an ordinary timeout; the 1769-L32E cannot reach the Motoman device over Ethernet.

Check to be certain the subnets and subnet masks are correct for both the CompactLogix and Motoman, and assure that PING test by unplugging the Motoman and pinging again to be certain you don't have an IP address duplication.

How did you define the Motoman I/O connection in the CompactLogix ?