Eurotherm Drive 584SV

JamesR

I have a "Tripped Link Overvolts" fault in an A/C Motor-controller. The Manual doesn't give any suggestions on a fix. Any ideas?

It is a 10 HP A/C motor driving a vacuum blower. Thanks for your suggestions.

James

Last edited:
A quick look at a manual says it is a DC bus (link) over voltage, caused by either a high input line voltage (likely), an overhauling load causing regeneration (unlikely on a vacuum blower) or an open Braking Resistor (equally unlikely in a vacuum blower).

I'd go with A), high input line voltage.

It could be B), but only if there are multiple blowers providing vacuum into a common header, and the others are creating more vacuum than this one, so they pull air THROUGH it backward, which makes that blower into a generator. That would be a horrible system design, or a mechanical failure of a check valve that was supposed to prevent that from happening.

I'd still bet on A) though.

Originally posted by jraef:

...an overhauling load causing regeneration (unlikely on a vacuum blower)...

Generally speaking I agree with this. The only case where I would think this may not be true is if he is trying to slow the speed of the blower quickly. At that point the blower rotor inertia could be causing a regen issue.

Keith

Generally speaking I agree with this. The only case where I would think this may not be true is if he is trying to slow the speed of the blower quickly. At that point the blower rotor inertia could be causing a regen issue.

Keith
You know, you're right, we don't know what KIND of machine it is. I was thinking Ring Compressor type vacuum blower, but if it is a Positive Displacement vacuum blower (i.e. a "Roots" blower like those used in turbochargers), there is a lot of mass in some larger ones and it could be that.